Smart snacking throughout the day is super important for your overall health. Most of us get hungry ever 2-3 hours, but between 7am and your 12o’clock lunch, that’s a five hour period with no food! If there is a long period between main meals, you’re likely to get super hungry and there is a good chance you’ll overeat at your next meal. To avoid this, having a small snack – packed with all the good stuff – in between breakfast and lunch will help you balance out your meals.
This yummy hot hummus is perfect to take to work or school for that mid-morning break or late afternoon, wiht some chopped up fresh veggies!
I love hummus, but sometimes can be a little boring… So I add a little bit of heat and it just makes the dip!
– 2 Cans of Chickpeas (800g soaked)
– 1 TSP Cayenne pepper
– 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
– 1 Garlic Clove
– 1/2 Cup olive oil (more if needed)
– Small handful of coriander (Optional)
– Sprinkle of Salt and Pepper
– Place all ingredients into a food processor and blend!
– Stop every now and again to wipe down edges to make sure everything is being blended nicely.
– Chop up some yummy carrots and cucumber and have as a beautiful snack!